Designed with a nod to the entry level mandolins of the early 20th century and a clear understanding of the limitations often associated with them, the Calhoun is not a mandolin exclusively targeted to be inexpensive. It was created to make Northfield Mandolins more easily accessible to our growing demand among beginners and interested school programs, without sacrificing a whole bunch of things that make mandolins work well.
- Top - Italian Spruce
- Back, Sides, and Neck - Figured Maple
- Bridge and Fingerboard Material - Black Walnut
- Finish Material - Spirit Varnish
- Nut Width - 1 - 3/32" (28mm)
- Neck Profile - Soft V
- Fingerboard Radius - 15.5" (394mm)
- Scale Length - 13.9" (353mm)
- Width of Body - 10" (254mm)
- Length of Body (w/ heel) - 12.5" (318mm)
- Depth of Body - 1.7" (43mm)
- Total Length - 25.5" (648mm)
- Finish Color - Natural, with slight amber
- Tuners - Gotoh, with black buttons
- Tailpiece - Cast Tailpiece
- Made in Michigan
All instruments from the Old Town School Music Store are professionally inspected and set-up before shipping, and directly support the missions, programs, and continued growth of the Old Town School of Folk Music.
Questions? Message us anytime!