The master luthiers at Kentucky Mandolins have given our top-selling KM-505 a total revision—adding more tone, volume, style and VALUE! The slim, comfortably-shaped neck of figured maple has the feel of a fine, vintage instrument and the ebony fretboard has a modern extension and with 22 smooth, low nickel-silver frets. On the peghead, white and exotic red mother-of-pearl are set in a gleaming, black overlay for a stunning effect. The solid spruce top and flamed maple back and sides are hand-carved and graduated with elegant, black and white purfling on top and bottom edges. A lovely amberburst lacquer finish covers the entire instrument and all metal parts are gold-plated. The exclusive Saga black and white layered pickguard is a vintage touch that is both practical and elegant. The tone and volume of this magnificent instrument are tops in its class and rival boutique mandolins at three times the price. This new KM-505 is a truly professional mandolin that any serious player can easily afford!
- Solid, carved German spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid, carved Alpine maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim Alpine maple neck for smooth and easy action
- Premium radiused ebony fingerboard gives extra durability and striking good looks
- High-gloss lacquer amberburst finish for vintage beauty and appeal
All instruments from the Old Town School Music Store are professionally inspected and set-up before shipping, and directly support the missions, programs, and continued growth of the Old Town School of Folk Music.
Questions? Message us anytime!