Before 1922, most popular mandolins had Oval-shaped sound holes; offering a distinctive sound that played a significant role in shaping the sound of popular music of the day. The diminutive size, unique voice, and relative affordability made it perfect for a wide range of musical styles. To this day, vintage examples of these popular A-style instruments are still played by discerning musicians and coveted by collectors around the world. Now, anyone can afford to own this legendary mandolin design in a Kentucky KM-270 A-style mandolin with the oval sound hole! Incorporating the best features of vintage designs, and using only the best tone woods, each instrument is expertly hand-carved and graduated to produce an instrument with a tone, look and build quality of highly prized collectible instruments. So take a step back in time by playing a new instrument that combines all the best features of old and the new–priced so that is affordable to all players.
- Solid carved German spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid carved Alpine maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim Alpine maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice radiused tonewood fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
- High-gloss sunburst finish imparts traditional beauty and luster
All instruments from the Old Town School Music Store are professionally inspected and set-up before shipping, and directly support our missions, programs, and continued growth.
Questions? Message us anytime!