Kentucky's KM-150 series combines great tone and playability with period-correct vintage styling and specifications in an affordable A-style mandolin. The KM-156 is notable for its rich, transparent brown high-gloss finish, which recalls famous mandolins of the prewar era. This carefully applied, ultra thin finish promotes optimum sound as well as looking beautiful and vintage correct. The neck and body are joined by a modified dovetail joint in the traditional style, which guarantees the greatest strength as well as optimum sound transmission. Genuine solid German spruce is used for the top while the back, sides, and neck are of select solid Alpine maple. This is why Kentucky 150 series mandolins outperform everything in their price range and some costlier makes as well! Perfectly shaped arching, the finest woods, and the skills of our luthiers make the KM-156 a world-beater in every respect!
- Solid German spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid Alpine maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim Alpine maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice tonewood fingerboard offers beauty as well as durability
- High-gloss, transparent brown finish ensures optimum tone as well as physical beauty
All instruments from the Old Town School Music Store are professionally inspected and set-up before shipping, and directly support our missions, programs, and continued growth.
Questions? Message us anytime!