The Kentucky KM-150 mandolin is the best value available in an all-solid, traditionally designed, A-style instrument that beautifully combines period-correct vintage specifications with an amazingly affordable price. When it comes to tone and playability, the KM-150 also excels. To achieve the best tone and volume possible, select solid German spruce is used for the top, while select Alpine maple is used for the back and sides. A solid Alpine maple neck with tonewood fingerboard and traditional snakehead shaped peghead is attached to the body by a modified dovetail neck-body joint not only adds to the authentic look, but also has a comfortable shape that is easy to play, and offers a lifetime of serviceability. Top everything off with a set of accurate, open-geared tuners, an adjustable tonewood bridge and tuning will be easy, accurate and with perfect intonation every time. No other instrument in its class even comes close in tone, value and dependability.
- Solid German spruce top gives you clean articulation and a crisp, bright tone
- Solid Alpine maple back and sides for extra punch
- Slim Alpine maple neck for comfortable, easy action
- Choice tonewood fingerboard ensures silky smooth playability
- High-gloss sunburst finish creates traditional beauty and luster
All instruments from the Old Town School Music Store are professionally inspected and set-up before shipping, and directly support the missions, programs, and continued growth of the Old Town School of Folk Music.
Questions? Message us anytime!