The White Laydie 250 produces the plunky yet focused tone that's long been a standard for Old Time and folk music. This banjo features an accurate replica of the classic three-piece Whyte Laydie tone ring, mated with a half-inch maple rim for maximum air chamber volume. The maple neck has a vintage heel design, a Fairbanks-style headstock shape, GT Master planetary tuners. Stylized cloud inlays adorn the bound ebony fretboard which terminates in a frailing scoop. The eleven-inch pot carries a Remo Renaissance head, a No-Knot tailpiece and dual coordinator rods for a solid neck fit and easy adjustments.
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard:Ebony w/ Fingerboard Scoop
- Bridge:Maple w/ Ebony Cap; 5/8"
- Wood Finish: Vintage Brown
- Fingerboard Inlay: Cloud Neck
- Binding: Celluloid
- Body Binding: Celluloid
- Nut: Bone
- Tuners: GT Master Planetary Tuners
- Tailpiece: No Knot Tailpiece
- Tone Ring: White Ladye Tone Ring
- Strings: GDGBD - .010, .013, .016, .024w, .010
- Rim: 1/2" Maple Plating Chrome
- Tension Hoop: Brass;
- Vega-Style Armrest
- Scale: 26-3/16"
- Weight: 6.7 lbs
- Nut Width: 1-3/16"
- Frets: 18 Medium
- Total Length: 38"
- Head Size: 11" Remo High Crown Renaissance
All instruments from the Old Town School Music Store are professionally evaluated and set-up prior to shipping, and directly support our missions, programs, and continued growth.
Questions? Send us a message!